Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 27: Go To The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Day 27: Go To The Metropolitan Museum of Art

I thought I had never been to The Met but my mom reminded me I had when I was young. I don’t remember so this counts as new.

I didn’t realize how massive The Met was. You could spend multiple days in there and not see everything, meaning you could probably walk multiple miles and not see everything.

Chip and I only had a few hours so we went to the 19th and 20th Century wing – we both really like impressionism. We also went to the Egyptian and American wings.
We were both very sore from the party the day before. I mean VERY sore. Just walking thru the museum hurt and going out and down all the stairs was brutal. In high school there was a sign in the gym that read “Pain is weakness leaving your body”. Is this is true my body couldn’t be weaker.
I enjoyed the museum but would recommend going on a day or time where it wasn’t crowded. A rainy, Sunday afternoon was probably not the best time to go.

Walking around The Met was good physical and mental exercise. I can’t believe I’ve lived in NYC over five years and it’s taken me so long to go.

1 comment:

  1. Go to a new part everytime and you can count it as NEW! tonivero

    ReplyDelete