Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 25: Score TWO goals at soccer

Day 25: Score TWO goals at soccer

Obviously this wasn’t planned but it’s a new thing for me and I’m super excited about it.

I’ve been playing on a coed soccer team on and off for the last 3+ years. In that time I can count on one hand the number of goals I’ve scored total (and I play forward).

I continue playing because it’s a fun way to hang out with friends and a good work out. Last season I started walking from my office (42nd and 2nd) to the field (23rd and West Side Highway) which adds to the “activity points”.

Friday night I was on fire. I played as if my body was possessed by Beckham. I had moves I’ve never seen – headers, two goals, two almost goals. I’m still sore from all the fantasticness.

It felt good to play well. Eating well and working out help me with my stamina which makes me a better player. I hope I can play this well next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment