Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 24: Bake WW Dessert For Co-Workers

Day 24: Bake WW Dessert For Co-Workers

I LOVE to bake. Usually I bake a tasty treat made with at least two sticks of butter and a good deal of flour and sugar. Decoded – not good for you.

To try and save my waistline I attempt to eat one or two and bring the rest to work.

My office is full constantly broke, starving twenty-somethings who are more than happy to eat anything free. Needless to say baked goods don’t last long. The one catch to this is that things that are good for you are never taken. I once witness a peach sit on the communal counter for 4 days. It started out beautifully peachy and ended up brown and rotted. Bottom line healthy is not popular.

Today I brought in Weight Watchers Caramel cookies that I made last night. I didn’t tell anyone they were Weight Watchers knowing they would be turned off.

I put the bag down at 8:30 am and immediately three people grabbed cookies. Everyone thought they were good and asked about the recipe – I dodged giving an answer I didn’t want to spoil their sugary treat.

By 10:10 am two-thirds of the bag was gone.

By 1:55 there was one cookie left.

Looks like everyone loved the cookies – “healthy” or not. I thought they were tasty and felt a little bit better about myself knowing they weren’t as calorie-packed as your average baked good!

No comments:

Post a Comment