Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 28: Clowning Around



So it’s been about a month since I’ve posted. I fell of the “new things” wagon and I feel shame. Hopefully you don’t judge me too much.

Just because I haven’t posted doesn’t mean I haven’t done new things!

On October 13th I went to “Clown School”. It was my good friend Sam’s birthday and for her party we all got lessons on how to be funny. Now yours truly is already funny so this all came pretty easy to me. In high school I was voted “funniest girl senior”. There was also a “wittiest girl senior”. I asked a friend the difference and was told “someone who’s witty says something humorous that people laugh at, where as someone funny does something humorous that people laugh at.” We’re talking physical comedy.

My brand of physical comedy is accidental. I trip, people laugh. My skirt gets blown over my head in rush-hour traffic, people laugh.

Clown School taught us to hone our physical comedy. We did an hours worth of activities all of which we were on our feet, moving around. (I knew you were asking how this promoted weight loss.) Our final project was to do a short clown skit. I paired up with Blaine (who is a comedy genius) and we did “smart clown, dumb clown” and nailed it!


Below are photos of us clowning around.

No comments:

Post a Comment