Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bind This!~

Organization makes me happy.

I love lists. Color-coding is my best friend. Checking things off the list is second best to my wedding day.

When I am organized I am happy, less stressed out and thus eat less. This past weekend I started the massive project of organization the dreaded “paper pile”.

Like most New Yorkers I have an apartment with limited space. Much of that space is taken up by stacks of magazines: on the side table, on the coffee table, in the magazine stand, on the floor. I save them because I think I will read them again or they have an interesting article I want to save but most nights I just stare at the mess they cause.

(Side note on what motivated me to be get organized. On Friday I stumbled upon an old college friends blog. http://lifeisdancingintherain.blogspot.com/
Christi is one of those people I look at and think “you have it all together”. I want to be that person. I took about three hours and read thru her blog. She has wonderful recipes, DIY tips, decorating ideas and lists for days. This inspired me! There are so many projects I’ve wanted to do but somehow each weekend I end up on my couch doing nothing. With a little push I am going to seize control of my life one list at a time, one project at time.)

On Sunday I decided to dive into my first project – the magazines had to go!

Chip gave me a three-ring binder that he wasn’t using and I separated it into tabs: clothing, DIY, make-up, organization, decorating, parties, work-outs, random. I went thru every magazine and tore out pages I wanted to save. (Some issues date back over a year and with a fashion magazine that means the styles are way out of date!) I put each page into the appropriate section and now I have all my ideas saved into one place!

I did this same projects with my Weight Watchers recipes. This will save so much time when I think "what should we have for dinner"?

No, my apartment doesn’t feel like the space of a two-story house but if does feel less cluttered and so does my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment